Bhramari breathing is the best Pranayama to calm the mind and to overcome anger. It is very usefulto expel the frustration and disappointment of mind. This Pranayama is quite simple and it can be done anywhere at any time in the day. Pranayama is the best solution for purging disturbed mind.BhramariPranayam is one of the best and easiest technique taught by Yoga teacher training in Dharamsala among various Pranayama techniques to deal with anger and disturbed mind.
The meaning of the Bhramari is the bee. As the person tends to hum like a bee during the practice of this pranayama it is called BhramariPranayama. In English this Pranayama is also known by the nameThe Bee-Breathing Technique.
Yoga teacher training in Dharamsala explains how to practice Bhramari Pranayama in the following steps:
- First of all, select a clean place. Then sit in either lotus posture or to sit down in the chair. Make your breath to calm the mind in general.
- Now with both arms stretched parallel to shoulder sideways, and then bend your elbows to bring hands to his ears. Close both your eyes now.
- Close both your ear with both of your thumbs. (Note- while practicing Bhramari pranayama, one must keep the waist, neck and head steady and straight.)
- The first finger of both hands to your eyes, eyebrows, and place them a little above. Please put on your eyes the rest of the three fingers.
- Neither exert pressure nor leave your hands free without any pressure at all. Engaged in the sides of your nose around three fingers, create slight pressure on the nose.
- Once you have found the right way to the hands focus your attention at the center of your forehead (i.e.,on Ajnachakra).
- Keep your mouth shut and let your nose course through the Breathe at normal speed. Thenexhale through the nose with humming sound(the bee-like sound).
- Inhale for about 3-5 seconds exhale should long for 15-20 seconds. This can be repeated for 5-7 times in three minutes of Bhramari pranayama. Beginners should not practice Bhramari pranayama for more than three to five times. Once you get used to the process and get well versed with it you can practice it for eleven to twenty-one times.
- Pranayama Bhramari can be practiced while sitting on a chair also. But it is more beneficialif practiced in the morning in sukhasana or padmasana.
Yoga Teacher Training in Dharamsala emphasizes on the advantages of Bhramari Pranayama as follows:
- BhramariPranayama is extremely beneficial for patients siffering with sinus. The practice of pranayama is to calm the mind. And mental goes away. Pranayama Bhramari is beneficial to the person suffering from the disease of Hypertension.
- BhramariPranayama helps to waken Kundalini power. Doing this pranayama also helps patients suffering with migraine.
- Bhramari Pranayama if practiced by Pregnant women, childbirth can happen effortlessly. Although pregnant women should consult doctors before practicing it.
- Continual practice ofBhramari pranayama enhances positive thinking and helps develop the individual’s memory. This also leads to the development of the intellect.
- Fear, insomnia, anxiety, anger, and other types of mental disorders can be dealt easily with Bhramari Pranayama.
- Bhramari pranayama soothes the nerves of the brain and all the blood impurities are eradicated.
- Person suffering from Thyroid problem should practice pranayama BhramariJalandharbandha for best results.
- Bhramari pranayama practiced longer period can make the voice of the person sweat and clear. Soit is a good practice pranayama for the people interested singing.
Yoga Teacher training in Dharamsala lists out the precautions to be taken while practicing Bhramari Pranayama as follows:
- Bhramari pranayama should be practiced only after the practice of Anulom-VilomPranyama.
- While practicing Bhramari Pranayama you should not exert extreme pressure on your ear, eye or nose.
- Bhramari Pranayama should be practiced only on empty stomach in the mornings. This exercise can be done at other times of day, but it is more fruitful if practiced in the mornings..
- DuringBhramari pranayama both ears are covered with ear leaf. You should not put your fingers inside the ear.
- It is always safe to learn and practice any pranayama under the guidance of an expert initially. You may consider joining Yoga Teacher training in Dharamsala to avail such support.
- If you are doing Bhramari pranayama In the evening, then take at least two to three hours of time gap between the practice and the evening meal.
- People with Ear pain or any type of infection, should not practice Bhramari Pranayama.
- BhramariPranayama should not be practiced for longer intervals initially out of over enthusiasm. As the practice grows, so should increase the cycle time.
- In case you start suffering with cold or head ache or giddiness due to the practice of Bhramari Pranayama you should stop practicing it and consult your doctor immediately.